Call for Written Art:
Women Speak, Vol. 7
An Anthology and Juried Performance of Story, Poetry, and Song
PUBLISHED BY SHEILA-NA-GIG EDITIONS
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: JULY 30, 2021
JURORS: Erin Elizabeth Smith and Chris Green
More Information CLICK HERE:
December, 2021: Clarksburg Harrison Public Library, Clarksburg, WV
March 13, 2022: West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
April 9, 2022: Berea College, Berea, Kentucky
May 21, 2022: The Towngate Theater, Oglebay Institute, Wheeling, WV
June 11, 2022: Stuarts Opera House, Nelsonville, OH
• Women residing in, or having strong ties to any of the 420 Appalachian counties are eligible to submit.
• Entrants must be at least 16 years or older.
• Media accepted include poetry OR short story, essay, (max. 2000 words) OR song. ORIGINAL WORK ONLY. Musicians must
upload lyrics and audio MP3 format files of each piece submitted.
• Previously published work is permitted AS LONG AS YOU RETAIN USAGE RIGHTS.
• Work previously read/performed in this exhibition may not be entered.
• Writers may enter a maximum of three (3) poems OR (3) songs OR one (1) short story OR 1) essay OR memoir, MAXIMUM 2000 WORDS. Both fiction and non-fiction will be considered. DO not mix genres.
• Due to set-up restrictions and costs, readers, performers and singer/songwriters are required to perform “unplugged” (one central microphone will be available)
• All entries will be uploaded to Submittable as a WORD.docx., TIMES NEW ROMAN, 12pt. type.
• DO NOT place your name anywhere on your manuscript. Be sure to fill in all windows required in the Submittable form.
• Title your word document: Last Name_First Name_Genre - (Smith_Jane_Essay)
• Musicians must upload an MP3 for each piece submitted.
• Prepare a 50 word bio
• Writers who are accepted will be notified by September 15, 2021.
Thanks to the partnership between WOAP and Sheila-Na-Gig Editions Press, those submitting work will be asked to provide a reduced co-op fee of $10.00 (reduced from $20) to be used for marketing, web, promotion and operating costs.
Submission of your application and document(s) shall constitute your agreement to comply with all conditions set forth in this prospectus.
We believe that all women are capable, courageous, creative and inspired.