fourteenth ANNUAL EVENT
APPALACHIA'S FINEST LITERARY, VISUAL AND PERFORMING WOMEN ARTISTS
THERE ARE NO CURRENT CALLS FOR ART
Call for Written Word:
Women Speak, Vol. 7
An Anthology and Juried Performance of Story, Poetry, and Song
PUBLISHED BY SHEILA-NA-GIG EDITIONS
EVENT DATES: (performances)
December 18, 2021: The Waldomore, Clarksburg Harrison Public Library, Clarksburg, WV
March 12, 2022: West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
April 9, 2022: Berea College, Berea, Kentucky
May 21, 2022: The Towngate Theater, Oglebay Institute, Wheeling, WV
June 17, 2022: Stuarts Opera House, Nelsonville, OH
July 23, 2022: G.A.R. Hall, Peninsula, OH
• Women residing in, or having strong ties to any of the 420
Appalachian counties are eligible to submit.
• Entrants must be at least 16 years or older.
• Media accepted include poetry OR short story, essay, memoir (max. 2000 words) OR song. ORIGINAL WORK ONLY.
• Previously published work is permitted as long as you retain usage rights.
• Work previously read/performed in this exhibition may not be entered.
• Writers may enter a maximum of three (3) poems OR (3) songs OR one (1) short story OR 1) essay OR memoir, MAXIMUM 2000 WORDS. Both fiction and non-fiction will be considered. DO not mix genres.
• Due to set-up restrictions and costs, readers, performers and singer/songwriters are required to perform “unplugged” (one central microphone will be available)
• All entries will be uploaded to Submittable as a WORD.docx., TIMES NEW ROMAN, 12pt. type.
• DO NOT place your name anywhere on your manuscript. Be sure to fill in all windows required in the Submittable form.
• Title your word document: Last Name_First Name_Genre - (Smith_Jane_Essay)
• Musicians must upload an MP3 for each piece submitted.
• Prepare and submit a 50 word bio
• Writers who are accepted will be notified by September 15, 2021. Those accepted are asked to plan to perform at one event unless there are extenuating circumstances prohibiting participating.
Thanks to the partnership between WOAP and Sheila-Na-Gig Editions Press, those submitting work will be asked to provide a reduced co-op fee of $7.00 (reduced from $20) to be used for marketing, web, promotion and operating costs. Each participant will receive one contributor copy with reduced rates available for additional copies.
Submission of your application and document(s) shall constitute your agreement to comply with all conditions set forth in this prospectus.
We believe that all women are capable, courageous, creative and inspired.